Southdowns has 50ha of farmland within its 200 ha boundaries incorporating:
* Children's play parks
* Golf cart, pedestrian & cycling routes
* Abundant bird life and pristine fauna and flora
* Agricultural nodes where the dairy cows graze in close proximity to the houses
Other Unique Southdowns features are:
* Direct Access to the Dairy farm, Country club and the Southdowns College
* State of the art security
* Natural gas reticulated to each home
* A fibre optic backbone
* A fitness centre, shopping centre, Irene country lodge, Cam de boo Spa, open window University & an office park on it's doorstep
* A Gautrain bus stop at the main gate
Interesting facts about Southdowns:
* The Estate was planned in two semi circles. Each area is a village of its own.
* Not having a rectangular traffic grid ensures less traffic.
* The only two gates allowing vehicle access are gate 1 and 2. The gates to the dairy farm, country club and school do not have vehicle access (golf cart pedestrian and cycling access only).